Nominations Are Now Open
- Click HERE for the 2013 Nomination Form.
- Deadline for nominations is Friday April 12, 2013 AT 12:00 PM
- Click here for a Corporate Sponsorship package
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software to download these documents. It is available at no charge from Adobe's website.
Who Is A Woman Of Distinction?
The following selection criteria will be applied to all complete nomination packages.
- She consistently displays and exercises leadership
- She demonstrates vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks
- She enriches and improves the quality of life for others
- She has an impact in her chosen field of endeavour
- She demonstrates initiative and a pioneering spirit
- She displays and sustains a continued commitment to her community
- She promotes and supports the expansion of opportunities and choices for women and girls in her community
- She has made Cambridge a better place to live
Nominate A Woman In One Of These Categories
Advancement of Women
Recognition of leadership by women who use the influence of their paid and/or unpaid work to contribute to the development and well-being of other women and to improve the community.
Voluntary, Community & Humanitarian Service
Honours volunteers who, by providing leadership and inspiration to others, have enhanced the quality of life in their community. Although nominees in this category may be salaried in some other field, selection will be based on their voluntary work only.
Arts & Culture
Contribution to the development, preservation or support of the visual, literary, performing arts and/or cultural heritage.
Business, Trades, Professions & Entrepreneurs
Contribution to and/or leadership in management, administration, a profession or trade, in private or non-profit companies or organizations. Contribution may also have been made through entrepreneurial or innovative endeavours.
Health, Wellness and Active Living
Contribution to the development and growth of the person and the improvement of physical, emotional and/or spiritual wellness.
Science, Technology, Research & Environment
Contribution to a science related field, including pure and applied sciences, social sciences, engineering and life sciences or toward technological advancement. Contribution may be made through research or application.
Communication & Public Relations
Contributions to the communication of ideas and/or shaping of opinions through advertising, public relations, the media and/or communications technology.
Education, Training, Professional Development
Contribution through practice, research or administration in the education system, employee training and development or an alternative learning environment.
Young Woman of Distinction
A young woman who has contributed to her school, community and/or workplace as a role model or outstanding achiever.
Turning Point Award
Honours a woman who has lived through hardship and adversity and through sharing the power of her own turning point in life, makes a difference in the lives of others.
Honours a woman, who for over 35 years, has been a role model, mentor and/or advocate for positive social change.